The Fort Myers Beach Community Foundation is a service organization. The Scholarship and Educational Support Program is designed to meet the needs of all applicants who wish to improve their lives through education. Anyone who lives on the beach or whose parent or guardian lives or works on Fort Myers Beach may apply.
WE PROVIDE SCHOLARSHIPS TO:
- Florida SouthWestern State College APPLY HERE
- Other State Colleges, Community Colleges, and Universities
- Certificate Courses, Trade Schools, Pre-Requisite Classes, GED, etc.
The Scholarship and Educational Support Program is
AVAILABLE TO ANY STUDENT WHO:
- lives or works in the Fort Myers Beach area zip code of 33931
- has a parent or guardian that resides in the 33931 zip code
- were residents of 33931 during their earlier school years but currently live in a nearby zip code (such as 33908, 33919, 34134)
Special consideration may be given to those who are classified as non-traditional students such as those returning to college or trade school later in life.
Student recipients may be part time or full time. They may receive the scholarship in successive years and no preference or penalty may be given for prior awards. Students may be studying in any area or field, but must maintain a 2.2 GPA.
Preference is given to students who demonstrate financial need.
Selected recipients will be invited to attend Fort Myers Beach Community Foundation activities when appropriate.
APPLY TO FSW DIRECTLY
If you are an FSW student that lives or works in 33931, or has lived in 33931, or your parent or guardian does, you may qualify for a FMBCF scholarship.
Also, to be considered you must apply for scholarships at FSW.
Follow the instructions at One Application for All FSW Institutional Scholarships
Make sure you complete your FAFSA
Complete all the qualifying questions, noting your 33931 address where applicable, your parent or guardian’s 33931 address, your employer’s 33931, and your address when you were a child in 33931.
FSW notifies all recipients of scholarship awards.
Applications accepted all year.